Thursday, April 29, 2010

spring has been long--
& I've been making the most of it.. sun on skin at 6 am- birds singing through open windows-- sun- sixties- and scents of spring...
THEN SNOW
so big and deep and thick and .. cold.

i lay in bed yesterday listening to one phoebe singing out- and no answer..
i woke to it-
my own anxiety-
saying: ANSWER-
i thought... ANSWER-

i know that place..
suddenly i realize i that i have been calling out
& that i am waiting
for an answer too

baby birds in nests-
eggs needing to be warm
& wind
ripping through like we are on a mountain top..
country birds have to act like alpine falcons..
thus
my story.

the wind rips through me.
i hold on.
i am scared
of coldness
silence ever long.
-recognizing my own simple needs
and waiting for nature
to nurture
me.

i am a child again-
starting over in this spring of light and warmth and growth.
tender
and here

listening

No comments: